|Job Type:||Locum - Margin Only|
|Posted:||7 months ago|
- Salary packaging benefit + leave loading
- 11 weeks paid leave a year
- Flexible working hours
Medium sized not-for-profit organisation believes in shape changing, has been running student wellbeing programs for decades assisting young people who have experienced significant trauma, making tangible changes for these children and their families.
- Provide short term intervention and counselling
- Risk assessments and manage
- Observe and take notes on a daily basis
- Assess and provide input in developing plans and strategies to manage behaviour/challenges
- Helping to refer children to appropriate services in their community
- Communicate and work with teachers, health staff, kitchen staff and residential staff
- Provide learning opportunities for staff on staff development learning days on topics such as emotion regulation, homesickness etc.
- Provide fortnightly Reflective Practice sessions for Residential staff to help them develop their skillset and give them space to reflect
- Working hours : 3pm- 9pm, max 70 hours fortnightly
What's on offer
- Generous salary package with tax benefits and leave loading.
- 4 weeks annual leave + 7 weeks school holidays (with limited workload)
- Every 2nd Friday off.
- Beautiful water-front location.
- Supportive team culture
- AHPRA registered Psychologist/ Social Worker
- Experience working with young people
- Demonstrated ability to apply trauma informed practice principles
- Capacity to liaise with schools and government departments and non-government organisations to set up appropriate referrals and follow-up for individual students
- Knowledge of working in NSW public schools and/or health environments
Please send your CV through to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cathy Dai on 02 9641 2401 for a confidential discussion.