- Work place Based Assessment facility
- Teaching hospital
- 500 + bed facility
This is an incredible opportunity to work as an Emergency Medicine Senior Registrar at one of Australia’s leading teaching tertiary hospitals.
You will be working as part of a traditional firm of doctors, including consultant, other registrars, medical officers and commonly interns too. The shift pattern depends on your rotation, but generally include a combination of days, evenings and nights over a 7-day week.
The hospital is experienced at working with overseas trained registrars; therefore it is easy to comply with the AHPRA regulations and demonstrate supervision and monitoring in your placement.
The hospital nurtures your career and offers many training opportunities and career progression.
- Flexible work positions offered – full time (76 hours per fortnight) and part time roles
- 12+ month fixed-term permanent contracts available
- Relocation allowance/support
- Employer visa sponsorship and support for families for overseas applicants (if required)
The Emergency Department provides opportunities for you to gain additional qualifications in Emergency Medicine, such as:
- Emergency Medicine Certificate
- Emergency Medicine Diploma / Advanced Diploma
- Extended Skills Training for GP Trainees
- Advanced Specialised Training for ACCRM Trainees
Pretty as a post card, this charming, coastal city combines all the advantages of a modern city with a more relaxed and civilised pace of life.
It boasts an incredible food and wine scene with local produce making the short journey from farm to table. Not only does it offer a constant parade of new bars and award-winning restaurants, this city is also home to numerous quirky, visual and performing arts organisations, year-round music festivals, and one of the most exciting, lively and innovative arts centres in Australia.
Explore exciting entertainment options, a wealth of sporting and leisure outlets, great facilities and top-class services. The region has a vibrant education sector including a university that places in the top 2% of universities worldwide and numerous private and public schooling options.
Transport is quick, easy and stress-free, allowing you to enjoy all the city has to offer and shortly after, be amongst nature. This coastal city is fringed by scenic wilderness, including pristine beaches, breathtaking mountains, old growth forests and plenty more unique flora and fauna. It is home to some of the most stunning scenery in the country and the ideal base from which to experience Tasmania’s World Heritage Wilderness regions.
All this and only a one- hour flight to Melbourne. It really is no wonder the locals consider it Australia’s hidden secret!
The 550-bed tertiary hospital is Tasmania’s largest hospital, employing over 3000 people. It is accredited with RACP and works closely with the University of Tasmania and other institutions. This means it constantly attracts great junior support.
The hospital provides specialist services to a population of around 250,000 people and is the referral hospital for the region. These include general medicine, obstetrics, gynaecology, paediatrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry, urology and oncology and many other specialty areas.
This hospital is both a teaching hospital and a WBA - work place based assessment facility.
1. General, Provisional or limited registration with AHPRA or eligible to obtain
2. IMG’s that have completed at least the AMC MCQ (part 1) or completed both AMC 1 & 2 (clinical exam)
3. IMG’s eligible via the Competent Authority Pathway (training in the UK, USA, NZ, Canada or Ireland)
4. IMG’s assessed by ACEM College as partially or substantially comparable (doctors currently interviewing with ACEM may express their interest)
5. IMG’s interested in foreign training via the Short-Term training specialist pathway (STT)
6. Have experience working as an Emergency Medicine Registrar
To Apply / Register Interest:
For more information Apply Now or call on +61 (0)2 9641 2477. Alternatively, email your enquiry/interest with a copy of your CV to: email@example.com
If this role is not quite suitable for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch as I am working on a number of other roles that might be of interest.
Charterhouse are offering a referral bonus of $1,500 for the referral of any junior doctor and $2000 for any senior doctor who commence a permanent role in 2023. Therefore, if you have any friends or colleagues who have expressed an interest in permanent positions, please contact myself with their details to get the process started.