Senior Medical Officer (MO) or Staff Specialist Obstetrics and Gynaecology

Job details

Location: QLD
Salary: $204,543 - $216,865 (L25-L27) $171,044 - $198,678 (L18-L24) $148,091 - $166,630 (L13-L17)
Reference: Ad-1999
Posted: about 2 years ago

Job description

Located at the southern tip of the Great Barrier Reef with access to coral islands and scuba diving .A vibrant, quintessential, Queensland country town with modern city elements, and just minutes from the coast. Stroll along the Burnett River and lose yourself in the lush botanical gardens or weave your way through the local shops and cafes in the architecturally beautiful main street.  
What you'll be doing
The role of the Senior Medical Officer (MO) is to provide high quality clinical and non-clinical services to directly or indirectly benefit the patients/clients of this Health Service. This includes research as well as teaching the health professionals of the future
The hospital
Overnight beds: 174 Plus 44 bed alternates/chairs
Services available currently include intensive care, coronary care, obstetrics, gynaecology, paediatrics, orthopaedic surgery, general surgery, vascular surgery, 24-hour emergency medicine, pharmacy, medical imaging, pathology and comprehensive mental health services. Allied Health services include physiotherapy, occupational therapy, dietetics, speech therapy, psychology and social work.
To be suitable for this role you will need to meet the following criteria:

  • You are an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident who has current possession of a qualification from a registered tertiary institution and Registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency with a current annual practicing certificate is essential.
  • Fellowship or membership of the appropriate College or Association (MBBS) within Australia as recognised by the Australian Medical Council (AMC)
  • Applicants trained in the UK are highly regarded as similar Health System.

If interested in this role please call Tanya Marvelli on 02 9641 2433 or email me and I can provide a PD.