|Salary:||Dependent on experience|
|Posted:||about 1 month ago|
The successful candidates will support the Director of Emergency Medicine by demonstrating:
- Leadership skills which prioritise quality, safety and risk and support continuous improvement.
- Significant clinical experience in the provision of emergency medical care.
- Fellowship of the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine.
- Sound understanding of contemporary Emergency Department models of care.
- An ability to lead service improvement through forms of quality improvement activities.
- An interest, having skills and being willing to participate in teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Developed leadership and management skills with the ability to liaise and negotiate with professional staff, the public and others.
- Well-developed skills in written and verbal communication, and the ability to represent the organisation and departmental goals and policies.
- Demonstrated commitment to continued personal and professional development.
The Emergency Department has approximately 60,000 presentations per year with an admission rate of 20% and paediatric presentations of 25%. The hospital is the Regional Trauma Referral Centre dealing with the full spectrum of Emergency Care with trauma and resuscitation.
They have a strong and innovative clinical practice with ongoing development of point of care clinical ultrasound, procedural sedation, non-invasive and invasive ventilation, toxicological and toxinological practices.
You will be joining a dynamic new team of FACEMs committed to excellent emergency medicine practice.
The Emergency Department enjoys close working relationships with other specialities within the organisation – ICU, Medicine, Surgery, Urology, Orthopaedics, Obs & Gyn and Paediatrics. There is excellent Mental Health support onsite. The new $65 million Regional Cancer Centre is also located onsite for ongoing Oncology support.
The department is also supported with 24-hour imaging and pathology services.
My client is the first cross border public health service to exist in Australia. Regionally situated between Sydney and Melbourne, it directly serves a local community of 100,000 and supports a catchment population of 250,000 covering North East Victoria and Southern New South Wales.
Care is provided to our community through:
- Two public hospitals
- Two community rehabilitation centres located at the aforementioned Hospitals.
- A Dental Clinic.
- Mental Health Services in 3 local areas
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services located in 2 local areas
- The hospital is the first cross border public health service to exist in Australia. Regionally situated between Sydney and Melbourne, it directly serves a local community of 100,000 and supports a catchment population of 250,000 covering North East Victoria and Southern New South Wales.
If this particular opportunity isn’t for you, we have other roles both long and short-term all-over Australia, so please get in touch!
Alternatively if you have any friends or colleagues who might be interested, Charterhouse Medical offers a great referral bonus for whom you refer to ourselves!
- Eligibility to live and work in Australia (Hospital can support you Sponsorship if applying from abroad)
- AHPRA is essential to working as a doctor in Australia
Why Choose Charterhouse Medical?
- As the Premier Domestic Medical Recruitment Agency, we will support you every step of the way to ensure your locum and permanent experience is as smooth and enjoyable as possible
- We currently work with the vast majority of both public and private hospitals, meaning we are able to offer a wide array of short and long term roles all over the country
- A dedicated personal consultant to cater to your specific needs
- Weekly payroll available
- As a partner of Qantas, we are the ONLY agency to offer Qantas Frequent Flyer Points for your initial shift and ongoing work with Charterhouse
For further information about this locum and other vacancies, please contact Amish for a confidential chat on 02 9641 2404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org