- Eligible RANZCOG Substantially Comparable IMGs encouraged to apply
- Tertiary Teaching Hospital
- Public Hospital
This is an incredible opportunity to work as an O&G Staff Specialist/Consultant in Canberra’s largest facility. The position offers a wide range of experience in O&G with exposure to the subspecialties of Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Urogynaecology.
The O&G department sees approximately 3700 deliveries each year, and has multiple gynaecology theatre sessions each week. It is a level 6 tertiary referral centre for the ACT with a busy Neonatal ICU.
The facility has a highly qualified team of medical, nursing and midwifery and allied health practitioners, administrative and other support services. The service has a significant teaching, training and research program as well as strong clinical and professional governance structures and processes to ensure delivery of safe, high quality healthcare.
This position will be embedded in the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Unit, with pro-rata on call duties and contribution to inpatient management.
- Conducting clinical duties including oversight of the birthing suite, acute gynaecology, outpatient services and the operating theatre
- Participation in non-clinical duties such as teaching, supervision, audit, research and committee representation
Canberra stands as an ideal destination to embark on a new chapter in life or nurture a family. The city boasts accessible green spaces, a secure atmosphere, and an exceptional education system. In Canberra, you'll rediscover the gift of time to pursue your passions, free from the burdens of long commutes, allowing for quality moments with your loved ones. Achieving work-life balance is not just a concept here; it's a way of life.
Canberra proudly claim the title of Australia's most active community, cherishing sports and recreational activities as integral aspects of our lifestyle. Our extensive network of cycleways and pedestrian paths ensures that enjoying the outdoors is both delightful and secure.
In Canberra, all the ingredients for a comfortable life are conveniently close at hand. The city is a mere 30 minutes' drive away, and each of the suburban town centres exudes vibrancy, offering an array of cafes, shops, and essential services.
Furthermore, Canberra is privileged to be just a short drive from a variety of attractive destinations:
- To the west, the picturesque Brindabella mountains beckon.
- A straightforward three-hour drive to the north leads you to Sydney's bustling metropolis.
- To the south, you'll find ski-fields and the breathtaking Snowy Mountains region.
- Venturing two hours east grants you access to stunning coastlines and the inviting beaches of the NSW south coast.
More than 26% of Canberra locals are from overseas, therefore an inviting location for IMGs! The National Multicultural Festival is an annual highlight.
A large facility with more than 650 beds, it is the main teaching facility for the Australian National University and caters to a population of over 550,000.
The Hospital provides a wide range of services across more than 25 buildings on its campus, including acute inpatient and day services, outpatient services, women's and children's services, paediatrics and pathology. Additionally the facility provides care to all major medical specialities - oncology, cardiology, gastroenterology, nephrology, infectious diseases, neonatology, paediatric gastroenterology, palliative care, rehabilitation, respiratory, pain specialists and a vast array of different surgeon specialities.
1. General, Provisional or limited registration with AHPRA or eligible to obtain
2. IMG’s eligible via the Competent Authority Pathway (training in the UK, USA, NZ, Canada or Ireland)
3. IMG’s assessed by RANZCOG College as Substantially comparable (doctors currently interviewing with RANZCOG may express their interest)
To Apply / Register Interest:
For more information Apply Now or call Diana on +61 (0)2 9641 2424. Email: email@example.com
If this role is not quite suitable for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch as I am working on a number of other roles that might be of interest.
Charterhouse are offering a referral bonus of $1,500 for the referral of any junior doctor and $2000 for any senior doctor who commence a permanent role in 2023. Therefore, if you have any friends or colleagues who have expressed an interest in permanent positions, please contact myself with their details to get the process started.