- VISA/Sponsorship for eligible candidates.
- SIMG RACP Peer review available
- Public Hospital
This is an incredible opportunity to work as a General Medicine Physician/Staff Specialist in Canberra’s largest facility to provide acute, sub-acute, primary and community‐based health services. Work in the diverse units with flexibility to contribute to the General Medicine department and the Acute Medical Unit (AMU).
AMU is a short stay ward and units for adults that is physician-led and provides early senior medical and multidisciplinary input with assistance from dedicated medical, allied health, nursing and support staff.
RACP accredited in Advanced Training - General Medicine for 24 months.
- Manage patients with a diverse range of multiple active co-morbidities or undifferentiated illnesses
- Assessment and management of acute presentations to the emergency departments, in-patient care (general medicine, infectious diseases/ Hospital in the Home or acute geriatrics), diagnosis and management of patients in outpatient clinics, ward consults and clinical handover
- Facilitating discharge planning and patient flow
- Mentor and supervision of junior doctors, physician trainees and resident medical officers in the unit
- Relocation assistance/reimbursement
- Medical education allowance - $19,783 pa.
- Up to 4 weeks training & education leave
- Up to 5 weeks of annual leave per year
- VISA/Sponsorship for eligible candidates
Canberra stands as an ideal destination to embark on a new chapter in life or nurture a family. The city boasts accessible green spaces, a secure atmosphere, and an exceptional education system. In Canberra, you'll rediscover the gift of time to pursue your passions, free from the burdens of long commutes, allowing for quality moments with your loved ones. Achieving work-life balance is not just a concept here; it's a way of life.
Canberra proudly claim the title of Australia's most active community, cherishing sports and recreational activities as integral aspects of our lifestyle. Our extensive network of cycleways and pedestrian paths ensures that enjoying the outdoors is both delightful and secure.
In Canberra, all the ingredients for a comfortable life are conveniently close at hand. The city is a mere 30 minutes' drive away, and each of the suburban town centres exudes vibrancy, offering an array of cafes, shops, and essential services.
Furthermore, Canberra is privileged to be just a short drive from a variety of attractive destinations:
- To the west, the picturesque Brindabella mountains beckon.
- A straightforward three-hour drive to the north leads you to Sydney's bustling metropolis.
- To the south, you'll find ski-fields and the breathtaking Snowy Mountains region.
- Venturing two hours east grants you access to stunning coastlines and the inviting beaches of the NSW south coast.
A large facility with more than 650 beds, it is the main teaching facility for the Australian National University and caters to a population of over 550,000.
The Hospital provides a wide range of services across more than 25 buildings on its campus, including acute inpatient and day services, outpatient services, women's and children's services, paediatrics and pathology. Additionally the facility provides care to all major medical specialities - oncology, cardiology, gastroenterology, nephrology, infectious diseases, neonatology, paediatric gastroenterology, palliative care, rehabilitation, respiratory, pain specialists and a vast array of different surgeon specialities.
1. Specialist Registration with AHPRA as a FRACP (General Medicine Consultant or another relevant sub-speciality)
2. IMG’s eligible via the Competent Authority Pathway (training in the UK, USA, NZ, Canada or Ireland)
3. SIMG’s assessed by RACP College as Substantially comparable will be considered (doctors currently interviewing with RACP may express their interest)
4. Doctors that will be awarded the fellowship (FRACP) in the next 6 months are encouraged to apply
To Apply / Register Interest
For more information Apply Now or call on +61 (0)2 9641 2477. Alternatively you can email your enquiry/application directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role is not quite suitable for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch as I am working on a number of other roles that might be of interest.
Charterhouse are offering a referral bonus of $1,500 for the referral of any junior doctor and $2000 for any senior doctor who commence a permanent role in 2023. Therefore, if you have any friends or colleagues who have expressed an interest in permanent positions, please contact myself with their details to get the process started.