- World-class facility
- RACP accredited hospital
- WBA hospital
- Workplaced Based Assessment- Hospital (WBA)
- Join one of Australia’s leading teaching tertiary hospitals
- Accredited with RACP (Royal Australasian College of Physicians) for the highest amount a hospital can be
- Benefit from lower living costs in the area, allowing you to save or spend extra money as you wish, such as visiting the rest of Australia and New Zealand!
- Develop skills and grow your career amongst a community of international doctors in a supportive environment.
- It can be easier to apply for permanent residency in Tasmania
- The Tasmanian award has just been reviewed and now pays registrars the highest in the country
- MBBS or equivalent degree.
- Completion of the UK Foundation Programme and
- GMC-registered and in good standing with the GMC OR,
- Eligible for provisional registration with AHPRA (I.e., have passed the AMC 1 & 2) OR
- Been assessed as partially or substantially comparable by RACP
- Extensive experience working in General Medicine and eligible for registration with AHPRA
This is an incredible opportunity to work as a General Medicine Registrar at one of Australia’s leading teaching tertiary hospitals.
It is a fully accredited hospital for RACP training.
You will be working as part of a traditional firm of doctors, including consultant, other registrars, medical officers and commonly interns too. The shift pattern depends on your rotation, but generally include a combination of days, evenings and nights over a 7-day week. This is usually in a pattern of 4-5 days on (can include weekends), 3-4 days off. On average you will work for 38-45 hours per week. The hospital works to minimise overtime where possible to support work/life balance.
The hospital is experienced at working with overseas trained registrars; therefore it is easy to comply with the AHPRA regulations and demonstrate supervision and monitoring in your placement.
The hospital nurtures your career and offers many training opportunities and career progression.
Pretty as a post card, this charming, coastal city combines all the advantages of a modern city with a more relaxed and civilised pace of life.
It boasts an incredible food and wine scene with local produce making the short journey from farm to table. Not only does it offer a constant parade of new bars and award-winning restaurants, this city is also home to numerous quirky, visual and performing arts organisations, year-round music festivals, and one of the most exciting, lively and innovative arts centres in Australia.
Explore exciting entertainment options, a wealth of sporting and leisure outlets, great facilities and top-class services. The region has a vibrant education sector including a university that places in the top 2% of universities worldwide and numerous private and public schooling options.
Due to its very friendly locals and relaxed vibe, it is recognised as an especially safe city. This makes it’s a great place to live for singles and families.
Transport is quick, easy and stress-free, allowing you to enjoy all the city has to offer and shortly after, be amongst nature. This coastal city is fringed by scenic wilderness, including pristine beaches, breathtaking mountains, old growth forests and plenty more unique flora and fauna. It is home to some of the most stunning scenery in the country and the ideal base from which to experience Tasmania’s World Heritage Wilderness regions.
Despite its reputation, Tasmania is Australia's second driest state, its winters are not as harsh as Canberra's, and summers tend not to melt you like in Melbourne or Sydney. Not to mention, sunsets and sunrises will leave you near speechless.
All this and only a one- hour flight to Melbourne. It really is no wonder the locals consider it Australia’s hidden secret!
The 550-bed tertiary hospital is Tasmania’s largest hospital, employing over 3000 people. It is accredited with RACP and works closely with the University of Tasmania and other institutions. This means it constantly attracts great junior support.
The hospital provides specialist services to a population of around 250,000 people and is the referral hospital for the region. These include general medicine, obstetrics, gynaecology, paediatrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry, urology and oncology and many other specialty areas.
To Apply / Register Interest:
For more information Apply Now or call Diana on +61 (0)2 9641 2424. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role is not quite suitable for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch as I am working on a number of other roles that might be of interest.
Charterhouse are offering a referral bonus of $1,500 for the referral of any junior doctor and $2000 for any senior doctor who commence a permanent role in 2023-2024. Therefore, if you have any friends or colleagues who have expressed an interest in permanent positions, please contact myself with their details to get the process started.