|Posted:||4 months ago|
- MBBS or equivalent degree.
- Completion of the UK Foundation Programme
- GMC-registered and in good standing with the GMC
- Full COVID and Influenza vaccinations required
- Eligible for Registration with AHPRA
- Eligible for a Visa with applicable working rights
This is an incredible opportunity to work as an Emergency Medicine Registrar at one of Australia’s leading teaching tertiary hospitals.
You will be working as part of a traditional firm of doctors, including consultant, other registrars, medical officers and commonly interns too. The shift pattern depends on your rotation, but generally include a combination of days, evenings and nights over a 7-day week. This is usually in a pattern of 4-5 days on (can include weekends), 3-4 days off. On average you will work for 38-45 hours per week. The hospital works to minimise overtime where possible to support work/life balance.
The hospital is experienced at working with UK-trained registrars on provisional registration with AHPRA (the registration you will be working under), therefore it is easy to comply with the AHPRA regulations and demonstrate supervision and monitoring in your placement.
The hospital nurtures your career and offers many training opportunities and career progression.
Ranked as one of the top 10 most liveable cities in the world comes as no surprise for anyway who has made the move to Perth.
This capital city boasts a steadily growing job market in addition to major plus points such as high-quality education facilities, well- functioning public transport, low pollution levels, lush green parklands, natural wonders, mesmerising beaches and a thriving nightlife. It's both refreshingly laid-back and excitingly vibrant. Not to mention, super affordable!
The city’s laneways are home to trendy small bars, cafés, food trucks and restaurants boasting a diverse range of international cuisines.
If that wasn’t already enough, multi-cultural Perth enjoys more hours of sunshine than any other capital city in Australia!
The 600 bed state of the art hospital is a large, modern hospital with excellent working conditions for their teams of staff. They highly value work/life balance and ensure their employees are well-looked after. They are keen to provide a high-quality learning experience whilst you are working with them and are proactive in ensuring you are supported in your work and developing your skills as a doctor.
- For reference, your baseline salary will be more than you would earn in the UK for the equivalent job, and you will also earn a supplement for out of hours shifts on top of this baseline salary. You will also benefit from lower living costs in the area, allowing you to save or spend extra money as you wish, such as visiting the rest of Australia and New Zealand!
- Develop skills and grow your career amongst a community of international doctors in a supportive environment.
- Join one of Australia’s leading teaching tertiary hospitals
- You will receive 4 weeks of annual leave with the option for extra
- Reimbursement for Hotel Quarantine (if applicable).
To Apply / Register Interest
For more information Apply Now or call Diana on +61 (0)2 9641 2424