- Competitive salary & salary packaging
- RANZCP training program
- Strong attitude to teaching and supportive staff
Doctors in Training - commencing 5 February 2024 (Registrar)
The Tasmanian Psychiatry Training Program (TPTP) is currently recruiting for Doctor in Training positions starting 5 February 2024. Applications are welcome from new trainees as well as transfers from existing trainees including applications for advanced training.
The TPTP offers a comprehensive state-wide training program in psychiatry with placements in Hobart, Launceston, Burnie and Devonport. Rotations include Child and Adolescent Mental Health, Forensic psychiatry, Consultation Liaison Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry, Old Age, Perinatal, Community, Rehabilitation, Medical Administration and Private Psychiatry.
Trainees may be appointed for the duration of the accredited training, with completion of whole training program available in Tasmania. The TPTP offers generalist training as well as the option of obtaining advanced training certificates in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Forensic Psychiatry, Consultation Liaison Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry and Psychiatry of Old Age. Applicants for advanced training positions should contact the Director of Training (DoT) to discuss availability.
The TPTP runs a local Formal Education Program supported by STP funds which allows speakers from around Australia to contribute to our training as well as a successful examination preparation course. With approximately 36 trainees across the state the TPTP offers a more personal program with strong support from training, supervisors and service as well as an active peer network.
The Tasmanian Branch Training Committee provides overview of the Training program, assists with allocations of rotations, and upholds College policies and procedures all under the auspices of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP).
Details of Appointment:
- Fixed Term full time, day worker (with on-call) position working 80 hours per fortnight, commencing from 5 February 2024 for a period of up to three (3) years.
- Medical Practitioner Level 5 – 11 $97,946 - $138,593 per annum, pro rata + 11% superannuation + access to salary packaging
- Relocation and commencement support available up to $15,000 for approved appointees.
- Applications will only be accepted from doctors with a current General AHPRA registration
If this position is of interest please get in touch with Dean at Charterhouse Medical on 0478798883 or e-mail your expression of interest or resume to email@example.com