|Posted:||17 days ago|
- One of country’s best remuneration packages
- Escape winter & move to warm, inclusive, multi-cultural QLD
The DMS is accountable for:
- Ensuring clinical governance for the delivery of safe, high quality medical care
- Oversight and coordination of medical staff and medical service contracts, including oversight of recruitment and orientation of new Medical Officers.
- Assisting the regional medical workforce to achieve and/or maintain competencies as required by the specialist colleges and the Medical Board of Australia.
- Ensuring that all Medical Officers are appropriately credentialed in accordance with QLD Health Credentialing Policy and ensuring they work in accordance with credentials and scope of practice.
- Strategic and clinical input into clinical services and service delivery models across the region.
Brisbane is the bustling capital city of Australia’s sunshine state, Queensland. With nearly 300 sunny days per year, say goodbye to long miserable winters!
The city is packed to the brim with beautiful historical landmarks, vibrant shopping arcades, bustling bars, sun-soaked beaches and thriving music and arts scenes.
Over the last 10 years, the population growth rate has been in excess of 17% and is continuing to rise! For this reason, the medical community is keen to attract more quality health professionals to share the relaxed lifestyle.
As one of the fastest growing cities in Australia, wherever you go in multi-cultural Brisbane, you’re sure to be surrounded by strong, colourful and diverse communities. The city has a relaxed vibe and locals are easygoing, open-minded and incredibly friendly.
This thriving, friendly community sure know how to take advantage of the breathtaking natural surroundings. With more than 2,000 green parks and over 2,500 species of plant-life, Brisbane is becoming famous across Australia for its immense biodiversity. It’s paradise for anyone wanting to live close to nature. In particular, the lush City Botanic Gardens right beneath the breathtaking Mt Coot-tha contains rainforest glades, bamboo groves and scenic lily ponds.
Brisbane is also close to the striking Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Forest, famous theme parks and brilliant beaches (think Stradbroke Island, Bribie Island and Moreton Island).
The city hosts many sporting and cultural events, has a vibrant education sector including 4 universities and numerous well known educational institutions; both private and public. The job market is great and continues to grow. It is much more affordable than some of Australia's other big cities. There is a large population of young people, so there are plenty of people to meet!
The 200 bed, digital large hospital is one of the most modern healthcare facilities in Queensland and has more than 1000 employees.
To reflect the growing demand for health care in the region, the hospital has become a ‘digital hospital’ with a fully integrated electronic medical record. The investment in digital hospital systems supports improvements to the quality and efficiency of healthcare services for patients and the community.
The hospital provides specialist services to a large population and is the referral hospital for the region. These include general medicine, obstetrics, gynaecology, paediatrics, orthopaedics, surgery, cardiology, emergency medicine and many other specialty areas.
1. Hold the FRACMA (Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administration)
2. Tertiary qualification in Health Management or Business Administration
3. Other Post Graduate specialist, research or educational qualifications
4. Experience at senior management level in a Hospital in Australia
To Apply / Register Interest:
For more information Apply Now or call Diana on +61 (0)2 9641 2424
If this role is not quite suitable for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch as I am working on a number of other roles that might be of interest.
Charterhouse are offering a referral bonus of $1,500 for the referral of any junior doctor and $2000 for any senior doctor who commence a permanent role in 2023. Therefore, if you have any friends or colleagues who have expressed an interest in permanent positions, please contact myself with their details to get the process started.