|Posted:||3 months ago|
- The clinical lead, emergency department will drive a culture of clinical excellence by supporting the organisation in the development of a skilled rural generalist emergency workforce.
- FACEM or Equivalent. FACRRM or FRACGP with higher qualifications in Emergency Medicine would also be looked upon favourably.
- The position oversees the supervision of ED Junior medical Staff.
Non Clinical (0.25EFT)
- The clinical lead will provide ongoing training, education ,supervision, support to prevocational doctors, GP trainees and IMG’s working in the department.
- Provide for individualized training to support progress in accordance to curriculum needs and progress in pathways.
- Promote education and training activities.
Clinical (0.75 EFT)
- Participate equitably on the On call Roster as per with other GP’s equitably. Current on call load is 1:6Act as the medical officer in-charge when working clinical shifts in ED, directing the activities of other medical staff in ED and overseeing their management of patients.
- Work with other medical staff and the multidisciplinary team to ensure provision of safe and quality care, continual improvement of services, promotion of teamwork and development of recommended hospital protocols.
- Provide direct medical management of ED patients, including history and examination, investigation, formulating diagnosis, prescribing and administering interventions.
- Support continuity of ED patient care through training and supervision of other ED medical staff in clinical handover and documentation activities, and exercising clinical judgement and delegated authority to admit or transfer
To be considered for this position, applicant must have General Registration with AHPRA.
To Apply / Register Interest:
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact Adam Pia on 02 9641 2482 or email@example.com
If this role is not quite suitable for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch as I have a number of other roles that might be of interest.
If this position is not suitable for yourself, but you know someone who would be interested, we offer a $500 referral bonus payable upon completion of the first placement for any doctor referred to ourselves who has not worked for Charterhouse Medical in the past 12 months.