- Relocation assistance allowance
- Well run service with great feedback from doctors currently working there
- Good remuneration, and salary packaging also available
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Career Medical Officer - Psychiatry to join us in North West Tasmania.
This role is Permanent full time, day worker (with on-call) position working 76 hours per fortnight/as and when required, commencing as soon as possible.
Duties will cover:
- Carry out assessments, treatments and provide clinical care to individuals referred to the team in collaboration with other team members. This will include the application of a wide range of skills and interventions.
- Act as a medical and psychiatric resource for other team members.
- Seek appropriate clinical support and supervision from senior colleagues, the Director or Delegate.
- Promote and maintain close links with colleagues and service providers to ensure continuity of patient care. Liaise with other community service providers, especially GP’s.
- Participate in medical student teaching and in-service training of staff.
- Maintain a high standard of care in all respects, including agency endorsed documentation and participation in quality improvement activities. May be asked to represent the Department at meetings.
- Provide medical and psychiatric relief in other areas of Mental Health Services as required.
- Participate in medical on-call cover, including call-out for nights and weekends as required.
- Contribute to service planning and promote the identification and achievement of key service goals and objectives.
- Actively participate in and contribute to the organisation’s Quality & Safety and Work Health & Safety processes, including in the development and implementation of safety systems, improvement initiatives, safeguarding practices for vulnerable people, and related training.
If you have General or limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia, please register you interest by sending over a copy of your CV and covering letter to Dean Madigan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0478798883.