- Eligible ACEM Partially & Substantially Comparable IMGs encouraged to apply
- SIMG ACEM Peer review available
- Public Hospital
This is an incredible opportunity to work as an Emergency Medicine Registrar in Canberra’s largest facility.
- With over 89,000 presentations annually, a high acuity, the facility has an admission rate of more than 35%
- Approximately 20% of paediatric presentations
- A team of over 40 FACEM’s, 3 Senior Registrars, 30 Registrars and other junior medical staff
Canberra stands as an ideal destination to embark on a new chapter in life or nurture a family. The city boasts accessible green spaces, a secure atmosphere, and an exceptional education system. In Canberra, you'll rediscover the gift of time to pursue your passions, free from the burdens of long commutes, allowing for quality moments with your loved ones. Achieving work-life balance is not just a concept here; it's a way of life.
Canberra proudly claim the title of Australia's most active community, cherishing sports and recreational activities as integral aspects of our lifestyle. Our extensive network of cycleways and pedestrian paths ensures that enjoying the outdoors is both delightful and secure.
In Canberra, all the ingredients for a comfortable life are conveniently close at hand. The city is a mere 30 minutes' drive away, and each of the suburban town centres exudes vibrancy, offering an array of cafes, shops, and essential services.
Furthermore, Canberra is privileged to be just a short drive from a variety of attractive destinations:
- To the west, the picturesque Brindabella mountains beckon.
- A straightforward three-hour drive to the north leads you to Sydney's bustling metropolis.
- To the south, you'll find ski-fields and the breathtaking Snowy Mountains region.
- Venturing two hours east grants you access to stunning coastlines and the inviting beaches of the NSW south coast.
More than 26% of Canberra locals are from overseas, therefore an inviting location for IMGs! The National Multicultural Festival is an annual highlight.
A large facility with more than 650 beds, it is the main teaching facility for the Australian National University and caters to a population of over 550,000.
The Emergency Department at the Hospital offers a unique, wide-ranging and exciting experience rarely available in a single hospital.
The Hospital provides a wide range of services across more than 25 buildings on its campus, including acute inpatient and day services, outpatient services, women's and children's services, paediatrics and pathology. Additionally the facility provides care to all major medical specialities - oncology, cardiology, gastroenterology, nephrology, infectious diseases, neonatology, paediatric gastroenterology, palliative care, rehabilitation, respiratory, pain specialists and a vast array of different surgeon specialities.
1. General, Provisional or limited registration with AHPRA or eligible to obtain
2. IMG’s that have completed at least the AMC MCQ (part 1) or completed both AMC 1 & 2 (clinical exam)
3. IMG’s eligible via the Competent Authority Pathway (training in the UK, USA, NZ, Canada or Ireland)
4. IMG’s assessed by ACEM College as partially or substantially comparable (doctors currently interviewing with ACEM may express their interest)
5. IMG’s interested in foreign training via the Short Term training specialist pathway (STT)
6. Have experience working as an Emergency Medicine Registrar
To Apply / Register Interest
For more information Apply Now or call on +61 (0)2 9641 2477. Alternatively you can email your enquiry/application directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role is not quite suitable for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch as I am working on a number of other roles that might be of interest.
Charterhouse are offering a referral bonus of $1,500 for the referral of any junior doctor and $2000 for any senior doctor who commence a permanent role in 2023. Therefore, if you have any friends or colleagues who have expressed an interest in permanent positions, please contact myself with their details to get the process started.