|Posted:||3 months ago|
The Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol & Drug Services (MHJADS) Division of Canberra Health Services are looking for a Senior Specialist - Director of Psychiatry Training to commence in May 2020. This will be for an initial 6 months, with the possibility of extension and/or permanency.
Overview of duties include:
- Establish, implement and maintain a strategic and sustainable formal comprehensive rotational training and education program, providing necessary training to meet competencies and ensure that RANZCP training program accreditation standards are met. This includes organisation of the Formal Education Program.
- Participate in the recruitment process and placement of trainees in collaboration with the Director of Clinical Services and approve rotations and training experiences ensuring all training needs are met.
- Undertake evaluation and accreditation of the training program including data collection, analysis and accurate reporting for the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists (RANZCP) via the Branch Training Committee.
- Provide appropriate leadership, mentoring and role modelling for psychiatry trainees and act as advocate in relation to access to quality education, supervision and training.
- Oversee compliance of training, ensuring training centres take responsibility for the trainee’s development, including the provision of appropriate and quality clinical experience.
- Plan and monitor trainee’s progression towards Fellowship (or completion of advanced certificate where appropriate) by completion of all training requirements.
- Develop and maintain appropriate procedures for monitoring training and the performance of trainees and supervisors including providing supervisor training, formal and informal feedback, and processes for dealing with unsatisfactory supervisors and trainees.
Please get in touch with me for a full details on this position as we will be shortlisting in the next few weeks.
Dean Madigan 02 9641 2492 or email email@example.com