|Posted:||over 1 year ago|
I am currently looking for 2 Consultant Psychiatrists to join teams within a well-established organisation who are committed to delivering a high level of mental health care across Sydney.
The Consultant Psychiatrist in the Continuing Care Teams will hold a key leadership position within the team. The incumbent is responsible for the provision of clinical leadership, training and supervision of medical staff, specializing in early intervention mental health treatment to people who are referred to the service. You will also contribute to the development of an innovative service that will provide high quality care to achieve best outcomes for young people with a first episode of psychosis and their families.
The overall aims of clinical care within the service are:
- To detect early those young people who are experiencing, or are at risk of a first episode of psychosis
- To reduce the duration of untreated psychosis in order to minimize the impact of a first episode of psychosis on the normal developmental trajectory of the young person
- Intervene early and effectively with young people at risk of a first episode of psychosis to prevent the onset of psychotic illness
- To provide a responsive and seamless access to service for young people with early psychosis and first episode psychosis and their families/significant others
- Enable both symptomatic and functional recovery from a first episode of psychosis
If this is position is of interest to you, please feel free to get in touch with me on Dean Madigan 02 9641 2492 or e-mail email@example.com