|Posted:||9 months ago|
We are currently seeking a Psychiatric Registrar Perinatal and Infant Psychiatry to join the team based in NSW. The focus will be on providing psychiatric care to patients and perform clinical duties in the sub-specialty of Perinatal Infant Mental Health as directed.
The Clinical Lead Psychiatrist / Psychiatrist is the clinical supervisor for the trainee, with this fantastic opportunity will be offered on a Permanent full-time basis, working 76 hours per fortnight.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform assessments (including risk assessment) and formulating a management plan in a bio-psycho-social framework for patients appropriate to the level of risk and presenting problems
- Provide ongoing psychiatric care for patients in the sub-specialty of Perinatal Infant Mental Health
- Consult and collaborate with the Clinical Lead Psychiatrist / Psychiatrist and other team Mental Health Clinicians, general practitioners and families/careers in the development of a management plan
- Maintain documentation, including progress notes, medication, prescriptions, authorities and transfer/ discharge summaries
- Assume responsibility for organising own workload, in collaboration with supervisor, to complete agreed upon duties within agreed timeframe per clinical indicators · Participate in the Psychiatric Registrar Training Program utilising the time allowed to attend the training and educational sessions as appropriate
- Participate in Journal Club and weekly Case Conference sessions as appropriate
- Participate in Research, Continuing Professional Development education and quality Improvement activities as appropriate
- Keep up to date with trends in the field of Psychiatry and QIC accreditation standards
If you have a minimum of 2 years clinical experience in the supervised clinical practice of psychiatry, AHPRA registration and are interested in this opportunity, please feel free to get in touch with me on 029 641 2492, or email me a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org