|Salary:||Indicative total package value of between: $ 271,472 - $359,926 inclusive of salary, applicable allowances and 10.5% super|
|Posted:||11 months ago|
1. Coordinate and provide medical services to people with Alcohol & Other Drug addictions within a multidisciplinary context:
· - Assess, diagnose and/or treat people who are alcohol and/or other drug dependent.
· - Coordinate and manage medical treatment provided by the Alcohol and Drug Program, including medicated and unmedicated withdrawal and opioid replacement pharmacotherapy.
· - Provide expert advice to medical, nursing and allied health staff of The Canberra Hospital and other hospitals in relation to people with alcohol and other drug addictions.
· - Supervise and coordinate the work of registrars, residents and interns working in the Alcohol and Drug Program.
· - Participate in an out of hours on call roster as required.
2. Participate in a program of clinical tuition on alcohol and other drug issues for a range of students, as required and negotiated.
3. Provide medical advice and recommendations on addiction medicine to other health professionals.
4. Participate in research, evaluation and educational activities as appropriate.
5. Provide input to policy development and assist on high level committees as required to provide expert advice on addiction issues.
6. Provide leadership and promote a commitment to high quality customer service principles, practices and attributes.
7. Undertaking other duties as directed, within the approved scope of clinical practice.