|Salary:||$1500 Per day|
|Posted:||over 2 years ago|
- Manages patient care under the direction/supervision of Consultants and ensures a detailed history and physical examination and management plan are done for each presentation /admission and documents these findings in the medical records.
- Communicates with patients about their condition and management or with the immediate family if the patient is unable to comprehend within their scope of knowledge and understanding, and counsel patients and parents as necessary (within the scope of knowledge and understanding of the situation).
- Contributes to all aspects of clinical care of patients who are admitted to hospital; commit to a team approach in the delivery of care, working closely with nursing staff, allied health professionals, members of pastoral care services, and other clinicians both onsite and offsite.
- Document clearly and regularly (minimum daily) all relevant details of the patients’ care while in hospital; admission history and examination, results of investigations, care plan, interdisciplinary consultation advice, follow-up plans.
- Completes discharge summaries in a timely fashion, with adequate information for the General Practitioner and others to continue care.
- Arrange and document and follow-up results of investigations, including radiology, pathology, microbiology, haematology, biochemistry etc.
- Co-ordinate multidisciplinary management of patient, including consultation requests for Allied Health or other medical specialties and nurse case managers.
- Prescribe drugs for inpatients, write owing prescriptions and authority prescriptions in a timely manner.
- Perform basic procedures within their capabilities or with senior supervision if required e.g. venepuncture, intravenous cannula insertion, ECG, suprapubic aspiration, catheterisation, lumbar puncture.
- Contribute to discharge planning of each patient; arrange outpatient follow-up, referrals to tertiary unit, prescription of discharge medications with pharmacist.
- Complies with and demonstrates a positive commitment to the health service values throughout the course of their duties.
- Attends outpatient clinics as required.
- The position holder can also be allocated duties not specifically mentioned in this document that are within the qualifications and experience of individuals employed at this award/classification level.
For more information regarding this position, please contact Jake Greene on 02 9641 2414 or if it is more convenient for you firstname.lastname@example.org.