|Salary:||$1600 per day|
|Posted:||6 months ago|
- “Try-before-you-buy” in the sense that you can opt to go permanent
- Catering to a population of just over 2000 people
- Travel, accommodation all included within the package
There are several ways you can view this role, as really there are 3 options. The options being:
- 2/3 week Locum towards the end of June
- 6 months Locum
- Substantive role
The Health Service and GP Practice
Following a recent retirement, the practice is the only medical clinic on the island and the doctors provide on call service to the hospital and aged care facility located within the hospital.
Australian Territory located in the Pacific Ocean; The 2011 census (reported a population of 2302. This comprised 1795 residents (78%) and 507 visitors (22%).
Classified as a Monash Modified Model MM7 classification. This may facilitate practitioners without Fellowship of the RACGP or ACCRM, who are not classified as VR-GPs:
- For application for a position on the RVTS training program.
- A decrease in the 10-year moratorium placed upon overseas trained doctors.
- Access to the General Practice Rural Incentive Program.
Income is comprised of a clinical stipend as a VMO from NIHRACS and income generated from General Practice. An income in excess of $300K is expected. (or $1600 per day as a Locum)
- Hold General Registration as a Medical Practitioner with AHPRA.
- Ability to obtain a Provider Number to work in both the NIHRACS and the GPC.
- Prepared to work collaboratively with existing clinical staff to enable the provision of rostered 24-hour care to NIHRACS.
- Prepared to work collaboratively with existing clinical staff to enable the provision of rostered cover to the GP Clinic; Mon Fri 9-5 and Sat 9-1 (public holidays excepted).
- Ability to intubate and ventilate patients
- Fellowship of the RACGP, ACRRM or ACEM or a willingness to study and work towards Fellowship of one of the above colleges.
- Current certificate in medical emergency management eg EMST or other similar programs or a willingness to undertake and successfully pass such training prior to commencement.
- Anaesthetics experience.
Please contact Luke Thompson on 02 9641 2451 or if it is more convenient for you firstname.lastname@example.org.