|Posted:||9 months ago|
Hospital Medical Officers - Emergency and General Medicine
As the largest healthcare provider in East Gippsland, this hospital provides services to a rapidly growing population. The Medical Department provides services across a broad spectrum of care, including an Emergency Department which includes a short stay unit and receives approximately 20,000 varied presentations per year and a newly built Medical/Surgical ward containing 34 beds, 2 bariatric beds and a 4 bed High Dependency Unit opening shortly.
In these roles you will rapidly expand your knowledge and skill level by providing care for a broad range of low and high acuity patients under the direction and supervision of Senior Medical staff and in conjunction with an experienced multidisciplinary health team.
If you are a HMO looking to consolidate your experience, then these roles will provide you with the perfect platform to develop your skills and expertise and also enjoy a fantastic work/life balance in the stunning Gippsland Lakes area. Only a 3hr drive from Melbourne you can explore the World’s Most Liveable City on your days off.
These positions will provide you with:
- Exposure to a range of interesting and broad presentations and hands on experience
- Experience in rural health practice
- Strong professional development support from senior medical staff including Senior Medical Officers, staff Physicians, local visiting General Practitioners and Anaesthetists.
- Fantastic lifestyle options
- Comprehensive experience to progress your medical career
- Full time position with salary commencing at $76,814 for HMO Year 2 or $83,267 for HMO Year 3 (as per Enterprise Agreement)
- An attractive remuneration package and extensive salary packaging options
- High level of professional development support
- Initial accommodation and relocation support
- Health and wellbeing and employee assistance programs
- Links to the Monash University School of Rural Health - located at the campus
- A strong sense of community and work/life balance
- Employer sponsorship will be considered
- Bachelor of Medicine/Surgery
- A minimum of 2 years experience in Emergency or General Medicine
- Current AHPRA registration or eligibility to obtain
- Recent practice experience
- Work experience in Australia or a similar health system is highly desirable
Applications are to include a covering letter, resume (including two professional referees) and response to the key selection criteria as listed in the position description in which I will supply.
For further information about this locum and other vacancies, please contact Tanya Marvelli for a confidential chat on 02 9641 2433 or email email@example.com