|Posted:||4 months ago|
An opportunity exists for an FRACGP to provide General Practice and Visiting Medical Officer services to the Islands Health and Aged Care Residential Service. As the only healthcare facility on the island, you’ll fully utilise your extensive general practice and acute medicine skills. You’ll provide much needed support to a team of healthcare professionals and a welcoming community. All medical staff are Australian or New Zealand accredited professionals, providing the full range of contemporary health services, with facilities for very serious patients to be flown to hospitals located in Australia and New Zealand.
Located in the Pacific Ocean, the Island offers picturesque landscapes in a sub-tropical environment. Activities enjoyed by locals and tourists include snorkelling, hiking, swimming, kayaking and fishing. Norfolk Island is an easy commute from mainland Australia at two and a half hours by air, and only one and a half hours from Auckland NZ.
The Practice is looking for Doctors who can commit to a minimum of 12 months, they are however happy to split the responsibility between two Doctors (I.e. one month on, one month off).
- An excellent remuneration package estimated at $415k including:
- Rent assistance
- Relocation allowance
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 4 weeks study leave
- Travel allowance
- GST free income
- Education and training support
- Eligible for the Australian GPRIP at an MMM7 location
- Hospital VMO roster 1:3
- Ability to obtain a Provider Number to work in both the NIHRACS and the GPC.
- Prepared to work collaboratively with existing clinical staff to enable the provision of rostered 24-hour care to NIHRACS.
- Prepared to work collaboratively with existing clinical staff to enable the provision of rostered cover to the GP Clinic; Mon Fri 9-5 and Sat 9-1 (public holidays excepted).
- Ability to intubate and ventilate patients
Why Choose Charterhouse Medical?
- A dedicated Consultant to cater to your specific needs
- The ONLY agency to offer Qantas Frequent Flyer Points for your first ever shift worked
- Total assistance with credentialing
Please apply for any of the above positions by clicking the ‘Apply’ button. For further information about this position and other vacancies, please contact us for a confidential discussion on 02 9641 5121 or Eamon@charterhousemedical.com.