|Posted:||4 months ago|
- Great remuneration & benefits
- World-class facility
- Victorias largest regional hospital
- Beautiful natural surroundings
- 90 minutes to Melbourne
- MBBS or equivalent degree.
- Completion of the UK Foundation Programme
- GMC-registered and in good standing with the GMC
- Full COVID and Influenza vaccinations required
- Eligible for Registration with AHPRA
- Eligible for a Visa with applicable working rights
This is an incredible opportunity to work as a General Hospital Medical Officer for Victoria’s largest regional hospital.
You will be working as part of a traditional firm of doctors, including consultant, registrars, other medical officers and commonly interns too. The shift pattern depends on your rotation, but generally include a combination of days, evenings and nights over a 7-day week. This is usually in a pattern of 4-5 days on (can include weekends), 3-4 days off. On average you will work for 38-45 hours per week. The hospital works to minimise overtime where possible to support work/life balance.
There is an active Hospital Medical Officer Society for support and socialising amongst same-grade colleagues, and a dedicated area of the hospital for junior doctors to rest and study, including en-suite bedrooms for use when on shift.
The hospital is experienced at working with UK-trained medical officers on provisional registration with AHPRA (the registration you will be working under), therefore it is easy to comply with the AHPRA regulations and demonstrate supervision and monitoring in your placement.
The hospital nurtures your career and offers many training opportunities and career progression.
This is one of regional Victoria’s most progressive and contemporary cities.
Some of the country’s most beautiful public buildings, sculptures, gardens and fountains are located in this city. It is one of Victoria’s fastest growing localities and is the third largest city in Victoria. Despite this, it is very easy to get around is just a short commute to the central business district.
The city boasts many restaurants, cafes and a local farmers’ market as well as lots of food tours of the city to sample the local cuisine. The city has an exciting events calendar, catering for a variety of tastes all year round, from music to food, wineries, art and culture.
The region is well known for its natural attractions including rivers, lakes, State and National Parks and nature reserves.
It is conveniently located 2 hours from the beach, 3 hours from the ski fields and 1 and half hours from a number of rivers where you can enjoy a range of activities and events.
You will be a 90-minute drive or a 2-hour direct train from Melbourne, giving you the opportunity to explore during your weekends and annual leave. Melbourne is a huge, buzzing, metropolitan city yet has some of Australia’s most beautiful bay beaches nearby with the opportunity to explore nature and wildlife.
The 720 bed world-class hospital was opened in 2017 and was a $1 billion AUD project. It is a public-private partnership.
This is a large, modern hospital with excellent working conditions for their teams of staff. They highly value work/life balance and ensure their employees are well-looked after. They are keen to provide a high-quality learning experience whilst you are working with them and are proactive in ensuring you are supported in your work and developing your skills as a doctor.
The facility is the largest regional hospital development in Victoria, treating over 50,000 patients each year across varied specialties, with the potential to request rotations through:
- General medicine
- Palliative care
- GEM on acute
- Emergency medicine
- Rehabilitation/geriatric medicine
- General surgery
- Obstetrics and gynaecology
There are a range of career pathways with accreditation for specialist training in a variety of areas such as Emergency, Intensive Care, Paediatrics, General Surgery, Basic Physician Training and Anaesthetics.
- For reference, your baseline salary will be more than you would earn in the UK for the equivalent F2 job, and you will also earn a supplement for out of hours shifts on top of this baseline salary. You will also benefit from lower living costs in the area, allowing you to save or spend extra money as you wish, such as visiting the rest of Australia and New Zealand!
- Develop skills and grow your career amongst a community of international doctors in a supportive environment.
- Work in this brand new hospital with world-class facilities. As an employee you will also be able to access the site’s gymnasium, hydrotherapy pool and exercise classes.
- You will receive 5 weeks of annual leave and up to 3 weeks of study leave which can be taken at an agreed time.
- You will receive FREE fully furnished accommodation for four weeks to enable you to find suitable accommodation once you have arrived. You can also continue to live and pay rent in the hospital accommodation following this initial phase.
Financial Support: up to $1500 relocation allowance, $2500 airfare reimbursement, $3000 reimbursement for Hotel Quarantine (if applicable), first 4 weeks of paid accommodation.
We would be interested in considering couples that include medical, nursing and allied health qualifications.
To Apply / Register Interest:
For more information Apply Now or call Diana on +61 (0)2 9641 2424
If this role is not quite suitable for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch as I am working on a number of other roles that might be of interest.
Charterhouse are offering a referral bonus of $1,500 for the referral of any doctor who commences a permanent role in 2023. Therefore, if you have any friends or colleagues who have expressed an interest in permanent positions, please contact myself with their details to get the process started.
Ph: +61 (0)2 9641 2424