|Posted:||3 months ago|
- Bendigo is a thriving regional city with a population of close to 110,000. It has a strong supportive community base with good schools and excellent infrastructure making it an ideal location for families wanting to escape the city.
- Bendigo Health is a 700 bed service that treats more than 44,000 inpatients, triages more than 50,000 emergency attendees and welcomes more than 1,400 new born babies in a year
- Demand on services is increasing rapidly with Bendigo being one of Victoria’s fastest growing regional cities.
This role is a Fractional Specialist of the Otolaryngology Head & Neck (ENT) Specialty within the Clinical Operations Division. The responsibilities of the role are to provide highest standards of specialist ENT care and other relevant clinical services for patients of Bendigo Health.
- Provide specialist-level Otolaryngology Head & Neck care to patients of Bendigo Health.
- On-call duties as the consultant on call and the ability to conduct a full range of emergency ENT procedures undertaken within a regional referral hospital.
- Participate in the provision of outpatient services in general including assessment and management of new patients and follow-up of patients cared for by the service.
- Provide best practice care to all patients within the context of current professional knowledge and organisational resources.
- Provide clinical and professional leadership, supervision and teaching of junior medical staff and other clinical staff.
- Demonstrate a commitment to teaching and research.
- Promote patient centered care and maintain a sense of pride and purpose in the service.
- Ensure an adequate level of record-keeping and communication at the junior medical staff level, promoting team work and ensuring adequate recording and auditing of complications for clinical review.
- Participate actively in surgical audit, clinical meetings and quality and safety activities.
- Ensure appropriate interaction and service integration with other relevant services, including the Medical Unit, Intensive Care and the Emergency Department.
- Participate actively in developing practical solutions to system deficiencies identified at audit.
- Promote and encourage compliance with College Continuing Professional Development programs.
Further develop clinical skills consistent with special interests and the role of Bendigo
- Requirement to be a practicing Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgeon credentialed to practice as an ENT Specialist with Bendigo Health
- Fellowship with Royal Australasian College of Surgeons or equivalent
To Apply / Register Interest:
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please don’t hesitate to contact Tracy Wright on 02 9641 2463 email@example.com
If this role is not quite suitable for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch as I have several other roles that might be of interest.