|Salary:||As per the Level Classification|
|Posted:||over 2 years ago|
The DMS is a member of the Rockhampton Hospital & Business Unit and carries the following main responsibilities:
1. Leadership in Medical Staff recruitment and retention.
2. Operationally manage effective, efficient, safe and affordable medical services across the Rockhampton Hospital & Business Unit, ensuring medical staffing models and skill mix are contemporary and in line with facility role delineation and function.
3. Actively promote and participate in clinical service developments including contemporary models of care, taking leadership for the peak clinical governance and quality activities within the Rockhampton Hospital & Business Unit.
4. Provide medical professional advice and oversight to the Rockhampton Business Unit services – working specifically and in close collaboration with the Clinical Directors at Rockhampton Hospital, and CQ Breast Screen Service, and the DMS/MSPP and Facility Managers at Capricorn Coast Hospital and Mount Morgan Multipurpose Health Service - facilitating contemporary and appropriate medical models to support safe and effective service delivery.
5. Provide timely professional and clinical advice to the Executive Director of Rockhampton Business Unit and the Executive Director of Medical Services CQHHS to manage strategic and tactical imperatives across the range of health services provided.
6. Provide clinical governance and professional oversight for medical staff in the following positions: Clinic Director Mental Health, Psychiatrists, Mental Health Medical Officers, Public Health Specialists, Specialist Geriatricians, Rehabilitation Specialists, Medical Staff within Community Health, and Medical Staff responsible for the Home in the Hospital Service
For more information regarding this position, please contact Oliver Simmons on 02 9641 2417 or if it is more convenient for you email@example.com