|Posted:||4 months ago|
A fantastic opportunity in West Sydney for a Consultant Psychiatrist
We are currently recruiting for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join the Mobile Assessment and Treatment Team (MATT) where they will hold a key leadership position within the team in partnership with the Team Leader.
Based in West Sydney you will be responsible for the provision of clinical leadership, training and supervision of medical staff, specializing in early intervention mental health treatment to young people aged 12-25 years who are referred to the service.
- Ideally Full time, will consider 4 days a week
- Opportunity to provide services via Telehealth
- Good rates + Generous salary packaging benefits
The Consultant Psychiatrist may be required to oversee clinical review and quality assurance processes, supervision of staff, professional development meetings and contribute to the development and maintenance of community partnerships with key external stakeholders, developing effective interfaces across programs within the service, as well as facilitating relevant research activities.
The overall aims of clinical care within the YEPP service are:
- To detect early those young people who are experiencing, or are at risk of a first episode of psychosis
- To reduce the duration of untreated psychosis in order to minimize the impact of a first episode of psychosis on the normal developmental trajectory of the young person
- Intervene early and effectively with young people at risk of a first episode of psychosis to prevent the onset of psychotic illness
- To provide a responsive and seamless access to service for young people with early psychosis and first episode psychosis and their families/significant others
- Enable both symptomatic and functional recovery from a first episode of psychosis
To be considered for this role you will have RANZCP Fellowship and AHPRA Registration
If this is position is of interest to you, please feel free to get in touch with me on Dean Madigan 02 9641 2492 or e-mail email@example.com