|Posted:||7 months ago|
- Be at the forefront of early intervention for communities struggling with mental health
- Work with an influential team
- Autonomous role, with the ability to work with a number of external stakeholders
About our client
Committed to supporting young people to strengthen their mental health and wellbeing, they endeavour to deliver expert training and mechanisms to cope with all aspects of mental health. With a national presence, they are leaders in their field.
What's in it for you?
- Work in a collaborative, and innovative environment – delivering bespoke coping mechanisms
- Supportive, experienced team, willing to share knowledge
- Continue to develop your stakeholder management skills, liaising with school systems, parents and children
About the role
Reporting directly to the State Manager, you will support schools through the implementation of Mental Health awareness programs. Providing evidence-based advice and support to primary and secondary facilities, you experience working within youth mental health will allow you to excel.
With a focus on early intervention, you will support young people and their families to develop coping mechanisms. You will also work to create recovery programs for communities affected by suicide or attempted suicide.
Maintaining strong relationships with prospective and participating schools will enable you to grow your territory and develop a strong understanding of each institutions needs and concerns.
- Approved tertiary qualifications: Including psychology (clinical, counselling, educational, community and 4+2 or 5+1 pathways), mental health nursing, occupational therapy, social work, or counselling
- Fully registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Social workers are required to be eligible for full membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Counsellors are required to be eligible for Level 3 or Level 4 membership of the Australian Counselling Association (ACA)
- Proven clinical skills in the provision of mental health care to young people, including risk assessments, appropriate referral and support and liaison with family and other networks
- Working knowledge, and interest in common social and mental issues faced by young people
How to Apply
Please send your CV through to email@example.com or call Holly Evans on 02 9641 2491 for a confidential discussion
About Charterhouse Medical
We recruit across all levels within the following disciplines: Medicine, Surgery, Anaesthetics, Emergency, ICU, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Psychology, Imaging, General Practice & Allied Health. We provide Permanent and Locum services across all Australia and welcome all qualified candidates to enquire with us.