- Accredited with CICM for Basic Foundation & Rural training
- Full time, fixed term contracts, possibility to extend
- Join a team invested in your career development
Further develop your clinical expertise by working alongside many supportive Senior Intensivists, Specialists and ICU nurses as an ICU Registrar for the 2024 Clinical Year. The role rotates through day and night shifts.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Demonstrate competency in basic life techniques – airway management, ventilatory and circulatory support
- Demonstrate proficiency with CVC, arterial line insertions and intubation skills – particularly important to have these skills whilst working night shifts
- Review referred patients in wards, theatre and ED and formally admit these patients to ICU in collaboration with ICU consultant and the respective Medical/Surgical team
- Ensure all tests including blood tests and X-rays are completed in the morning for all ICU patients
- Be involved in day to day clinical management if ICU patients including transporting patients to from Xray/theatre etc.
- Assist ED in management of critically unwell patients
- Ensure appropriate invasive lines/monitoring is in place e.g. arterial lines and CVC
- Attend to general ICU ward matters including medication and fluid order changes
The hospital stands as the primary regional healthcare facility in the area, boasting 200+ beds and serving as a specialised referral centre for northern Victoria. It caters to a population of around 90,000 and manages nearly 19,000 inpatient cases and 23,000 visits to the Emergency Department annually. The facility delivers an extensive array of acute specialist medical and surgical services, encompassing an emergency department, a critical care unit, obstetrics and gynaecology, paediatrics, and specialised aged care. Additionally, they provide community rehabilitation, inpatient care, community services, aged care, and psycho-geriatric mental health services.
A bustling rural city, located in Northern Victoria only a 2 hour drive from Melbourne with an outdoor lifestyle that is also home to excellent eateries. Soak up the outdoor lifestyle on the banks of the River, which runs right through town, or head further afield on a camping trip to the nearby wetlands and granite hills of the National Park, the ideal spot for some wilderness adventures.
The city is situated within an easy drive of major attractions in the area including the vast number of wineries and the gourmet food and wine region.
- Currently hold AHPRA Registration (General, Provisional or limited registration)
- Competent Authority doctors at last PGY4 encouraged to apply (UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, NZ trained)
- IMG (International Medical Graduate) doctors with the above experience and training from Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore or Taiwan, encouraged to apply.
To Apply / Register Interest:
For more information Apply Now or call on +61 (0)2 9641 2477. Alternatively emailed applications with CV’s/relevant information will be accepted: firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role is not quite suitable for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch as I am working on a number of other roles that might be of interest.
Charterhouse are offering a referral bonus of $1,500 for the referral of any junior doctor and $2000 for any senior doctor who commence a permanent role in 2023. Therefore, if you have any friends or colleagues who have expressed an interest in permanent positions, please contact myself with their details to get the process started.