|Salary:||To be discussed|
|Posted:||over 1 year ago|
- The BPT registrar position at Ballarat is RACP- accredited as a level 2 training centre, and involves rotations through General Medicine, Neurology, Cardiology, Oncology, Hospital in the Home, Rehabilitation and Palliative Care. Each General Medical unit has a sub-specialty focus but will see a broad range of general presentations.
- Ballarat Health Services provides care to the Greater Grampians region, covering 20% of Victoria. The Base Hospital is a 221 bed acute facility with ICU and a cardiac cath lab. The regional cancer centre is co-located, with an adjacent sub-acute hospital.
- RACP Advanced trainees in General Medicine, Oncology and Cardiology are attached to the units to provide additional support. We provide regular education including sessions in the Simulation Centre and have an attached Clinical School with students from Deakin University and the University of Melbourne.
- Ballarat Health Services comprises the Base Hospital (221 acute beds), Queen Elizabeth Centre (Sub Acute Care 70 beds) and Psychiatric Services (67 beds). New short stay unit and modern, emergency, critical care, ambulatory, aged care and rehabilitation facilities uniquely integrate in-patient, ambulatory, community and home based services.
- Ballarat Health Services is a major training site for the University of Melbourne and Deakin Rural Clinical Schools. Senior staff are strongly committed to teaching and the professional development of Interns, HMOs and Registrars.
- Ballarat offers a superb regional lifestyle with excellent public and private schools, recreational and sporting facilities, shopping, entertainment and cultural pursuits. Country or city living is available within minutes of the hospital and there is easy access to Melbourne (80 minutes).
For more information about this position, please contact Ross Jenkins on 02 9641 2456 or if it is more convenient for you email@example.com.