|Salary:||$90,000 + super + benefits|
|Posted:||8 months ago|
- Less than an hour commute from Sydney city centre
- Working for an organisation committed to embracing diversity
- Working in a rewarding, supportive, and inclusive workplace
We are seeking an experienced Consultant Psychologist to lead the provision of clinical leadership, training and supervision of clinicians, specialising in psychotherapeutic early intervention mental health treatment to young people aged 12-25 years who are referred to the hYEPP service covering Mount Druitt, Parramatta, & Penrith.
You will hold a key leadership position across the cluster and will work collaboratively with a range of Mental Health Clinicians across the service to promote comprehensive evidence-based psychological care that is youth friendly, safe, effective, and of a high standard.
In addition, you may be required to contribute to clinical review and quality assurance processes, clinical supervision of staff, professional development meetings, developing effective interfaces across programs within the service, as well as facilitating relevant research activities.
The overall aims of clinical care within the YEPP service are:
- To detect early those young people who are experiencing, or are at risk of a first episode of psychosis
- To reduce the duration of untreated psychosis in order to minimize the impact of a first episode of psychosis on the normal developmental trajectory of the young person
- Intervene early and effectively with young people at risk of a first episode of psychosis to prevent the onset of psychotic illness
- To provide a responsive and seamless access to service for young people with early psychosis and first episode psychosis and their families/significant others
- Enable both symptomatic and functional recovery from a first episode of psychosis
Should you have the clinical experience within the mental health field in acute and community settings, ideally with young people and their families who experience psychosis and hold the relevant qualifications and full registration please get in touch.
Please get in touch on +61 29 641 2492 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org