Charterhouse Medical Code of Conduct
Charterhouse Medical will conduct its business in a proper and professional manner and in accordance with all applicable laws.
Charterhouse will advise its client of any potential conflicts of interest and any material restriction to which it is subject by reason of undertakings given to other clients.
Confidentiality and Privacy
- Charterhouse Medical will take reasonable steps to maintain the confidentiality and privacy of information obtained in the course of their professional practice.
- Charterhouse Medical will take reasonable steps to ascertain the extent to which any information they collect may be confidential.
- Charterhouse Medical will act honestly in all dealings with Candidates, Clients, Consultants, and the public.
- Charterhouse Medical will not knowingly:
- make false statement of material fact;
- fail to disclose a material fact;
- Make representation as to future matters without having reasonable grounds for making it.
- Charterhouse Medical will ensure that a job advertisements accurately describe what, if any, jobs are available and that all information given about a job before or at an interview with Candidates is accurate and not misleading.
- All fees, charges and services provided must be explicitly and fully disclosed to Clients prior to the acceptance of an assignment, or prior to any work being undertaken for a Client.
Respect for Work Relationships
- Charterhouse Medical will not undertake actions that may unfairly or unlawfully jeopardise a Candidate’s engagements to perform work.
- Charterhouse Medical will not undertake actions that may unfairly or unlawfully interfere in work relationships established by others.
- Charterhouse Medical will not attempt unfairly or unlawfully to prevent a Candidate from seeking work from other sources.
- Charterhouse Medical will act lawfully, fairly and ethically in respect of their involvement in Transition Dealings.
Respect for Laws
- Charterhouse Medical will comply with all legal, statutory and government requirements.
- Charterhouse Medical will not engage in any form of collusive practices.
- Charterhouse Medical shall take reasonable steps to ensure, so far as practicable, that all new employees, Contractors, Consultants and Candidates honour their legal obligations to their previous employers and principles.
Respect for Safety
- Charterhouse Medical will act diligently in assessing occupational health and safety risks for which they are statutorily responsible.
- Charterhouse Medical will not knowingly subject Candidates, Clients, Consultants and staff, or Members of the public to any significant safety risk without their informed consent.
- Charterhouse Medical will inform their temporary/contract workers whenever they have reason to believe that any particular assignment causes an occupational health and safety risk.
Respect for Certainty of Engagement
- Charterhouse Medical will ensure that Candidates are given details of their work conditions, the nature of the work to be undertaken, rates of pay and pay arrangements.
- Charterhouse Medical will take reasonable steps to ensure that any material variations to the engagement of a Candidate only occur with prior agreement of the Candidate, Client and Member as the case may be.
- Charterhouse Medical will take reasonable steps to ensure the certainty of their engagement by a Client to provide an information such as:
- Position description and duties;
- Inherent requirements of the position;
- Remuneration and conditions attaching to the position;
- Any reference, background, or suitability check required by the Client to be performed in respect of the position; ;
- Agreement regarding all relevant terms of business including any guarantee;
- Charterhouse Medical will take reasonable steps to ensure the certainty of their engagement by a Client to provide an information such as:– extending to agreement regarding all matters relevant to the Member’s representation of the Candidate.
- Charterhouse Medical will work diligently to develop and maintain a satisfactory and up to date level of relevant professional knowledge.
- Charterhouse Medical will ensure that their staffs are adequately trained and skilled to undertake their responsibilities.